[rt-users] Installing RT4 with AssetTracker on Debian Wheezy

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham GI-ID torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Tue May 28 01:57:35 EDT 2013

Hi Gary,
not sure about the Debian AT Package, but the latest, under RT4 working you should grab from https://github.com/chakatodd/rt-extension-assettracker

Torsten

Von: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von Gary McRae
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Mai 2013 23:40
An: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Betreff: Re: [rt-users] Installing RT4 with AssetTracker on Debian Wheezy

Hi Asif,
This was a new install of debian 7 (wheezy).
It was the default repository, no changes to /etc/apt/sources

On 28/05/2013, at 6:26 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com<mailto:vadud3 at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Gary McRae <gary.m at bitek.com.au<mailto:gary.m at bitek.com.au>> wrote:
I have carried out another test of a new debian virtual machine.
Here are my installation steps:
apt-get install mysql-server
apt-get install mysql-client
apt-get install rt4-apache2
apt-get install rt4-db-mysql
apt-get install request-tracker4
vi /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default
service apache2 restart
apt-get install rt4-extension-assettracker
vi /etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.pm
service apache2 restart

This works perfectly. An RT4 install with AssetTracker in 10 minutes.
Amazing!

what apt repository did you use or was it default?

I am convinced that there must have been a change made to the apt package.
Thanks to whoever fixed the problem.