[rt-users] TimedNotifications - RT-Send-Cc broken?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue May 28 12:08:36 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:08:31AM -0700, Andrew Marosi wrote:
> I'm following http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TimedNotifications
> in efforts to setup a crude reminder based off a RT::Search::FromSQL
> query however in the template it has 'RT-Send-Cc: user at domain.com' and
> that is not working when running the rt-crontool calling the template.
>
> I get an email as a watcher, but the email contains the RT-Send-Cc
> line of code IN the subject line....What am I doing wrong? I've looked
> at the logs in debug mode and included a scrubbed version below.

I'd guess that your RT-Send-Cc: isn't fully flush to the left of your
template and as such RT thinks it is a folded Subject: line.

You may find it easier to implement this type of thing using
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/rt-email-group-admin.html
which allows you to send mail to an arbitrary group of users.

This also avoids recording a comment and instead just sends the mail
since your action is --action RT::Action::NotifyGroup --action-arg
managers

-kevin