[rt-users] auto-populate email from short username?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue May 28 16:00:57 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 04:17:53PM -0700, Philip Brown wrote:
> On 5/15/13 3:27 PM, Jok Thuau wrote:
> >It would be an interesting scrip, but I believe you would be able to
> >update the user from a "on create" scrip, and update that one user's email
> >from ldap.
>
> other than I want this to be "from account name", not "from ldap",
> this sounds fine.:]

As mentioned earlier by my colleague, you can use
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT/User.html#CanonicalizeUserInfo-HASH-of-ARGS
to massage the user data during creation.  It used to be quite common
to glue together a few snippets of CanonicalizeUserInfo along with
WebCanonicalizeInfo in order to set up user information after creation
during login.  These days I almost never use those hooks because
people just pull from AD.

> but... isnt an "on create" script, related to *ticket creation*, not
> user creation?

It is.

-kevin