[rt-users] apache can't locate Symbol/Global/Name.pm

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 5 16:06:58 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 08:55:48PM +0100, Nick Price wrote:
>    I was trying to upgrade RT from 4.0.17 to 4.2.0 on fedora 18
>
>    When I start apache I get "Can't locate  Symbol/Global/Name.pm in @INC
>
>    Mod_perl was installed with yum when I first installed RT 4.0.15  update to 4.0.17 went ok
>    everything worked
>
>    I did install Symbol:Global:Name with cpan   version 0.04
>
>    Mod_perl version 2.0.7

When upgrading to 4.2.0, did you use the system perl or install a
custom perl?

>    His readme tells me what it does but nothing on how to install it so apache can see it

That's not really the purview of a README, that's usually unix
permissions or web server configuration.  Symbol::Global::Name can be
used in non-RT contexts.

Assuming your RT perl and mod_perl perl are the same, the usual next
step is to check that the web server can read the file
Symbol/Global/Name.pm found in one of the paths referenced in the
error message you truncated.

-kevin