[rt-users] IE8 issues - Custom Fields and edit screens - updated

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue Nov 19 20:47:22 EST 2013

I edited the EditCustomFieldSelect file and added a simple javascript popup alert() function to freeze loading the page.
e.g.  alert("Pause the page here");

I kept moving the alert() lower in the jQuery block.
It appears that executing the "basedon.onchange();" line is where the child/sub select CF is wiped out in IE8.
If I alert just prior to this line, I still see the correct value before I dismiss the popup.
If I alert just after this line, the select field is already showing "(no value)" before I dismiss the popup.

If I comment out this "basedon.onchange();" line, everything seems to work in IE8, IE10 and Chrome.

Is that safe to do?  Or am I wrecking some functionality here that I am blissfully unaware of?

Thanks!
Brent