[rt-users] RT loses MySQL connection

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Fri Nov 22 08:37:56 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:05:23PM -0800, Jay Christopherson wrote:
> No, no entries beyond the startup messages.  I thought maybe there would be
> some connection errors (a flush-hosts situation or something), but nothing.
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Alex Vandiver <alexmv at bestpractical.com>wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 15:20 -0800, Jay Christopherson wrote:
> > > I just installed a new instance of RT (4.2.1).  I've been using RT for
> > > quite a long time now, through a lot of different versions, but this
> > > is a new issue for me.
> >
> > Is there anything of note in the mysql logs?
> >  - Alex

Hi Jay,

It might be a long shot, but do you have a connection timeout set for your
MySQL DB? Try disabling that. I was bit by that once and was astounded to
find out that the DB just dropped a valid connection like that. It seems
more useful in a broken web app type of way to keep from leaking connections
but normal apps do not expect to lose a good connection. :)

Regards,
Ken