[rt-users] RT loses MySQL connection

Jay Christopherson jc.listmail at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 11:35:06 EST 2013

Interestingly, adjusting the wait_timeout to the default (8 hours) worked
great - for 8 hours.  After that 8 hours, RT once again lost all
connectivity to the database.  Running a "show processlist" on MySQL showed
that RT had no connections to the DB, even though RT was still running.  A
restart fixed it - for now.

I am not sure how RT does connection handling, but it seems like it should
attempt to reconnect?