[rt-users] Debian Repositories: Upgrade from 4.0.17 to 4.0.17

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 07:25:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 08:52:33AM +0200, Sakhi Hadebe wrote:
> I had some issues with upgrade and decided to reverse everything as it is a production system.
>
> What is not clear is that: Should I download the rt4.0.17 package and its dependencies and install it manually?

Please keep emails on the mailing list rather than mailing me personally.

You can downgrade packages in Debian using, eg:

apt-get install request-tracker4=<version number>

where version number in this case will be 4.0.7-5+deb7u2.

You might have to explicitly list the other packages such as
rt4-clients, rt4-apache, etc., in such a command line.

You'll also want to check whether any of the database upgrades between
4.0.7 and 4.0.17 are backwards-incompatible; I don't know OTTOMH.

Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN