[rt-users] Continous-Login problem after DB move

Robert Waldner waldner at cert.at
Tue Oct 15 03:37:34 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm using RT3.8.8 from the Debian packages with postgres on a different
machine as a backend. Last night I moved the database from one machine
(postgres-8.4) to another (postgres-9.1), and pg_dumpall|psql the whole DB.

Everything looks fine as far as content is concerned
(creating/closing/moving/commenting on tickets etc.) - but after every
link I click in the web-interface I have to login again.
The sessions-table looks fine (to me) on the new DB host, and it's the
very same on the old one:

                                   Table "public.sessions"
   Column    |            Type             |       Modifiers        |
-------------+-----------------------------+------------------------+-
 id          | character(32)               | not null               |
 a_session   | bytea                       |                        |
 lastupdated | timestamp without time zone | not null default now() |

I did an rt-clean-sessions just to be sure, doesn't change anything.

What I do see is that after every login the amount of sessions in the DB
goes up (usually by 4), so my guess is that it somehow isn't able to
read/parse the session table.

From what I could find via google it's not an AutoLogoff-problem (set to
259200 minutes/half a year), and it's also not a problem of the
password-hash in the Users-table changing every time (it stays the
same). The only other hint I could find was to remove the
html/autohandler file - but if I do that, I get an "internal server
error" after trying to log in and the following error in the apache
error-log:
Can't call method "HasRight" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/html/index.html line 132.
(/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:233

Any hints?

thanks in advance,
-robert
--