[rt-users] TicketHistory slow on 4.2.0

Tod Detre tod.detre at maine.edu
Wed Oct 23 12:14:41 EDT 2013

I have just upgraded an RT install to 4.2.0. We are experiencing a problem
where the ticket history is very slow. Everything else seems to load just
fine and the history will load in ~50-60 seconds. Also, if you go to the
same ticket in a short period of time, the history will load quickly
(probably cached somewhere).

Can anyone give me pointers on where to start looking into the problem?
I've confirmed that the database has all of the indexes it's supposed to
have. The load on the web server and database server are next to nothing.

A little history, this RT instance was originally 3.8 and was upgraded to
4.0.13 a few months ago and then upgraded to 4.2.0 last night.

The ticket table is ~30,000 records, the transactions table is ~3,800,000,
and the users table is ~280,000. (we load users from LDAP every night which
is why there are more users than tickets)

--
Tod