[rt-users] configure --enable-ssl-mailgate option is gone in RT 4.2 ?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 24 22:17:49 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 03:59:12PM -0400, John Apodaca wrote:
>    What happened to the configure --enable-ssl-mailgate option?
>    It is now an unrecognized option in version 4.2.

The ./configure feature was introduced in 4.0 because we don't add new
dependencies in the middle of a stable series (see paragraph three on
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/release-policy.html ).

This allowed us to provide an easy way for you to automatically get
and install the needed CPAN modules.

>    Are the Perl modules required for SSL now included by default?

With the release of 4.2.0 we just required all the needed SSL libraries
because you may need them for mailgate or the S/MIME support and in
general they're needed more and more these days.

-kevin