[rt-users] Re-send a previously attached attachment?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 3 17:04:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 08:48:20AM +0200, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Am 14.08.2013 16:36, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> > The alternate (attaching a previously attached attachment to a new
> > reply) is something we've explored in a few branches with clients, but
> > nothing we've written has stuck or been right for mainstream release.
>
> maybe you can share some informations on the problems with your solutions.
>
> I created RT::Extension::AddAttachmentsFromTransactions which is based
> on your 4.4/attach-from-transactions branch and this makes your users happy.

I have not worked with your extension yet, but as I recall the two
largest complaints with the branch as-is were:

Display of attachments on the new replies (they aren't true
attachments, and render in a funny way and were otherwise not as
obvious as needed).  Fixed if we better fake-up the attachment record.

Picking attachments from multiple transactions, especially on long
attachment heavy tickets.  This is a desirable feature, but just
providing a list of all attachments is... unusable.  We've played with
a few other UX ideas also.

There's a longer internal writeup of problems with the branch, but it
has some customer-specific things in it.  I do hope we can find a
solution for 4.4 but at this point we've missed the 4.2 window.

As the recent blog posts may make clear, we're getting closer and
closer to 4.2.0rc1.

-kevin