[rt-users] Notify ticket owner when updated by email

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 4 11:44:06 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:23:23PM +0000, Jok Thuau wrote:
> Dave wrote, regarding the scrip in RT:
> > Well, I don't see one. When I go to the scrips page, here's the list it shows, reformatted to fit in this message. (Note that the first ten have no description.)
>
> I went back to look closer at mine after your reply. Turns out I was most likely wrong. Mine has an ID of 24, which suggest that it was created post install...

If you'd like to be closer to 'stock' at stock RT 4.2 creates

On Correspond Notify Owner and AdminCcs
On Correspond
Notify Owner and AdminCcs
Admin Correspondence in HTML

This is covered in the UPGRADING-4.2 docs

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/UPGRADING-4.2.html

search for "New installs will notify Ccs and one-time Ccs/Bccs on
create and Owners on create and correspond" to find the relevant
section.

We don't automatically change existing installs because you might
already have a standalone Owner notification.

> The only tweak I have made is to add this to the global correspondence template:                                                                                                                         <URL: {$RT::WebBaseURL}/Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id} >
>
> This simply adds a link back to our server at the end of the email, which makes it easy to get there...

If you use the Admin Correspondence template rather than Correspondence,
you get this link for free (you may or may not want to hack up
Correspondence since it sends links out to your Requestors which may
confuse them if they don't have RT access).

-kevin