[rt-users] LDAP ExternalAuth - User Aliases

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Apr 15 04:33:26 EDT 2014

Hello,

we have a setup where we're using RT with ExternalAuth to authenticate
against an existing user database in LDAP, with auto-creating users when
they first log in. We pull the uid as well as the e-mail address from LDAP.

Now, we need to be able to somehow support multiple users with the same
email address. That is, we have several people, say Alice, Bob and Pete,
each logging in to their computer with their own login. But they share
one common mailbox - department1 at company.com - through IMAP. These
people should be able to log in to RT each with their personal login,
which should be an 'Alias' to a RT user 'department1' with mail address
'department1 at company.com'. So no matter who logs in, he/she can see all
tickets created by Alice, Bob or Pete.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks,