[rt-users] rt postfix 302 error

Jeevan jeevan.sarkunaseelan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:15:00 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin,

With regards to the problem at hand, I found the following post to be quite
helpful in aiding me solve my problem.
http://requesttracker.8502.n7.nabble.com/RT4-2-with-Ubuntu13-10-and-Postfix-td55783.html

It showed me that there were 3 things I needed to do.

1. If the firewall was enabled, allow connections to the port 25 using "ufw
allow 25/tcp"
2. For my /etc/aliases file, I shouldn't have declared the url as http://
but instead https://
3. Since I didn't have an official SSL certificate for the site as it is a
local site, I should include the --no-verify-ssl option in the /etc/aliases
so that the mail gateway trusts all SSL certificates as described by the
rt-mailgate documentation.

That being said, the rt-mailgate quickly created the ticket as soon as i
restarted all the necessary services and refreshed the queue. Thanks a lot
for your help and patience with me!

P.S: I have another question tho, how come when I install RT-IR-3.0.1 on the
RT-4.2.3, I get an Apache WebServer error? Should I post this as a separate
question all together?

Best regards,
Jeevan