[rt-users] rt4-fcgi processes are dying after some debian package updates

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 6 12:21:29 EDT 2014

On 08/06/2014 12:00 PM, saxmad wrote:
> So, before I go ahead and update the CPAN module for DBD::Pg, anyone have
> any thoughts/opinions on whether this is a possible suspect for my issues?

It's possible, though it would surprise me slightly.  The only thing to
note is that DBD::Pg 3.3.0 is incompatible with all current releases of
RT, due to changes in how it handles UTF-8 data -- non-ASCII data will
be corrupted when inserted into the database.  If you upgrade, 3.2.1 is
the latest safe version.
 - Alex