[rt-users] Unprivileged users - Edit ticket/Sign up as CC

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 6 12:53:59 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 11:35:43AM +0000, Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) wrote:

> I'm still not seeing what I'm missing. I have a group called "End Users" I put all my clients into. One user, Test User, is in "End Users" but has had Privileged removed, Unprivileged has not been explicitly set either. The permissions on each queue for "End Users" are: CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, Watch, SeeCustomField, SeeQueue, Showticket, ModifyCustomField and ModifyTicket.
>
> When I submit a ticket with this user and then go to the ticket all they can do is Reply/Comment. Does Unprivileged need to be set? I must be overlooking something but I'm just not seeing it. Thanks!

I have no idea what "Unprivileged has not been explicitly set" means.
You're either Privileged or Unprivileged.  There is no other state a
user can be in.

You also say you grant ModifyTicket to everyone in the group?  On
what, the global or a queue?  That means anyone can edit any ticket...

Let's back up, you appear to have permissions that are too wide, yet
you claim to not be able to edit the ticket.  Maybe you misunderstand
how ticket editing works in the self service UI?  What do you expect,
what do you see.

-kevin