[rt-users] RT-Mailgate timeout error after upgrade to 4.2.6

Richards, Matthew E ERDC-RDE-CERL-IL matthew.e.richards at erdc.dren.mil
Wed Aug 6 17:44:40 EDT 2014

> If you're going to the localhost, I'm not actually sure why you're
> involving SSL, but that's a separate issue.

Actually, that was the issue.  You're right, there's no need to use SSL with localhost.  We have a rewrite from 80 to 443 for all interfaces and it always forces us to use https.  I guess we could have created a non-SSL site just for localhost.  The DoD has its own root CA that we added in a ca_file, but I think it's very slow and was causing the timeouts.  I changed the rt-mailgate get_useragent to "$ua->ssl_opts(SSL_verify_mode => 'SSL_VERIFY_NONE');" and that solved the issue.  It's a temporary fix until we create a locahost:80 binding.  I don't like maintaining custom source.  Thanks for all the help.

Matt