[rt-users] Change ticket subject before first outgoing correspondence.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 08:52:51 EDT 2014

So I have a scrip which runs at at the TransactionCreate stage for a
queue, checks the subject and the body, and then rewrites the subject
to something informative.

It works; when I look at the ticket for inbound emails matching the
condition, the subject is precisely what I want it to be.

Except that the first outgoing email is sent before the subject is
rewritten; in my inbox, the message still reflects the original title.
This happens whether I put my scrip's action code in the prepare or
cleanup stages.

>From an external perspective, this is what the sequence looks like:

1. RT receives an email with a subject of "Foo" and a body of "Bar\nBaz"
2. RT sends me an email with a subject of "[queuename #999] Foo" and a
boxy including "Bar\nBaz"
3. I look at queuename #999, and I see a ticket with subject of Bar -- Baz.

While what I *want* to happen is:

1. RT receives an email with a subject of "Foo" and a body of "Bar\nBaz"
2. RT sends me an email with a subject of "queuename #999] Bar -- Baz"
3. I look at queuename #999, and I see a ticket with a subject of Bar -- Baz.

How do I get that first email to reflect the desired ticket subject?

--
:wq