[rt-users] Change ticket subject before first outgoing correspondence.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:07:18 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>> The best I can say is that I *loathe* having to ask questions of
>> mailing lists and IRC channels, as I expect to get answers like this.
>> I seriously hate getting replies intoning that the information is
>> readily available, so I do the best I can using Google and reading all
>> the available documentation I can find. I may have spent more than an
>> hour looking for that precise piece of information, but I spent more
>> than a week digging through all the available documentation on the
>> wiki and BestPractical's website docs. The wiki consists primarily of
>> tutorials.
>
> Found in the second hit on the wiki after typing Scrip into the search
> box.
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ScripExecOrder
> Should be updated to reflect 4.2, but such is life.
>
> Trivially testable too.
> Condition: ON Create
> Action: User Defined
>     Prepare: 1;
>     Commit: RT->Logger->error("I'm the first scrip");
> Template: Blank

So, there's my problem. I didn't use *Wikia's* search field for that
particular query, I used raw Google and DuckDuckgo. (Well, could also
be because I didn't use a simple enough query, but such is life.)

This particular wiki's search functionality is more useful than the
built-in search features of the vast majority out there. Noted.

> That's as much time as I have this week to search the wiki
> and mailing list archives for things I've written.
>
>> I apologize if I'm a bit bristly, but I've always spent at least
>> several hours searching and reading before opening a thread on a
>> mailing list or IRC channel, because I hate "RTFM" or "LMGTFY"
>
> I actually generally don't bother answering questions that I've
> answered within the last two weeks.  This was an exception because I
> saw things being led astray.

Fair enough.

>> Good to know. I did not find documentation describing the precise
>> processing behavior of RT scrips.
>
> Patches welcome.

Knowing the processing behavior is the first step to being able to author one.

--
:wq