[rt-users] help! users (root or otherwise) can't change their passwords, two different RT installs (4.2.4 & 4.2.6)

Al Joslin allen.joslin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 06:33:56 EDT 2014

I've an odd situation here, and I'm sure I've missed something very basic...

I've installed RT twice now, once over Ubuntu and again over CentOS, and root can add users but not change his (Enoch's) password

None of the users, all granted the ModifySelf option, can change their passwords either

Everyone gets to enter their current and new (twice) password, and the confirmatory message is displayed: AuthToken changed from '<hash1>' to '<hash2>'  but their old password is the only on they can login with

Enoch can create users, and has created a whole structure of queues,users, groups, catalogs, scrips, etc...

All the users have created and edited Tickets and Assets and other Person Profile fields...

But no one can change their password...

(just noticed: if I put my cursor in any Profile field, as any user, and hit return without entering anything -- I get the AuthToken changed message)

Help!!

Al;

The Ubuntu installation
	RT: 4.2.4
	Ubuntu: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (3.13.0-32-generic)
	MySQL:  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.38, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3

The CentOS installation
	RT: 4.2.6
	CentOS: 6.8 (2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.i686)
	MySQL: mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.38-MariaDB