[rt-users] search query returning unexpected results

Chanel Wheeler Chanel.Wheeler at yavapai.us
Tue Aug 26 17:05:41 EDT 2014

Hi all,

This is the search query I have (built via the Query Builder):
Owner = 'cwheeler' AND (  Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' ) AND Queue = 'YLN' AND 'CF.{YLN Topic}' != 'Student Import System'

The search results *include* the tickets tagged with Student Import System. If I change the 'not equal' to 'equal' it limits the search as you'd expect it to. Same thing happens with LIKE vs NOT LIKE. This is looking a lot like a bug but I'm wondering if manipulating custom fields in this way just isn't allowed.  I'm on 4.2.6.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
chanel

--