[rt-users] Attachment size issue?

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 4 15:32:34 EST 2014

On 12/04/2014 02:16 PM, Karres, Dean wrote:
> I was looking in my RT log file for a different issue and found the
> following [snip]
>
> I thought I raised the attachment size limit when I installed RT.   Do I
> need to do that again?  We provide a few specialized, internal services
> and our customers insist on emailing us super giant attachments.

This is caused by changes in MySQL 5.6 (see the first IMPORTANT CHANGE):

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6-20.html

Thus, in addition to setting max_allowed_packet, you will need to
increase innodb_log_file_size, or you'll only be able to insert files
which are < 5M (or, on 5.6.22 or higher, < 10M).  Note that increasing
innodb_log_file_size is slightly complex:

http://www.percona.com/blog/2011/07/09/how-to-change-innodb_log_file_size-safely/

 - Alex