[rt-users] REST API and acting as users

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed Dec 10 20:51:48 EST 2014

Hey,

I'm looking at integrating RT with the OpenStack Horizon Dashboard for
at least ticket creation, ideally listing tickets and showing ticket
details for our customers.

The RESTful API appears to require logging in with credenials for the RT
user. Is it possible to masquerade as another user?

Given passwords are stored encrypted, I can't use the users passsword to
login. I might be able to cook up a RT::Authen::ExternalAuth plugin to
use the existing OpenStack tokens to allow SSO, I haven't look into that
yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand