[rt-users] Disable creation of tickets via email

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Dec 11 20:53:14 EST 2014

I see that you want to still accept email replies, so disabling the email
address is not suitable.

You might be able to play with rights, e.g. disabling the Create Ticket
right for the Everyone group, but RT might still link incoming ticket
creation mail to a privileged user by looking at the "From:" address of the
email.

I guess you want web creation only because the web interface presents
custom fields.

You could write a scrip that runs on ticket creation, checks for the
correct entry of custom fields, and if there's a problem, sends a reply
instructing the user to try again using the web form and closes the ticket
as rejected.  Would that be suitable?