[rt-users] moderation and personal attacks

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Dec 12 02:28:28 EST 2014

On Dec 11, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Alex Vandiver <alexmv at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> And I'm going to step in before this gets any further out of hand.  The
> amount of high dudgeon in this thread is not acceptable.  If it
> continues, I _will_ turn on list moderation.  Don't make me turn this
> car around, etc, etc.

I would appreciate it. I don’t come here to be personally insulted and attacked. What happened today is completely unacceptable in any business forum.

> One concept to bear in mind is that replies to the mailing list are not
> merely addressed to the author of the previous post, but for the
> entirety of the mailing list, as well as any who come across it in
> searches later.  If one finds a post overbearingly patronizing, remember
> that others who are less well-educated may yet find it useful.

Did you read that multi-paragraph personal assault he posted? Do read that and find a single sentence in the first page of his reply that isn’t a personal attack. Please do find and share with me a single statement in those first three paragraphs that is educational or helpful to new members. (other than perhaps to warn them that they’re going to be abused if they ask questions here?)

I had a very real point to make based on reality, with Alex Peters took and deliberately misrepresented so that he could check off every single box on the “how to be a complete and total jerk to a sincere request” bingo card. That is what happened here.

This is completely unacceptable in any forum. I am explicitly requesting that you enable moderation of this forum and prevent further attacks like this.

--
Jo Rhett
+1 (415) 999-1798