[rt-users] Custom condition not working (simple)

Matt Smith msmith at gores.com
Wed Dec 17 13:11:03 EST 2014

How come this does not work?  I've seen some examples of the "DependOnBy" use returning a numeric value, but looking at RT documentation, it appears it should return an array?  Basically, I want it to return 1 if there are no child tickets associated with the current ticket.

if ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create' &&
$self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('New Hire Request?')eq 'Yes' &&
$self->TicketObj->DependOnBy eq '0') {
return 1;
}

Is there a way to test RT perl code without trial and error, or do you just have to incorporate some logging?

Thanks!

-Matt