[rt-users] patch for configurable crypt method?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Dec 19 16:00:36 EST 2014

While I am very glad to see RT upgrade to blowfish/bcrypt password encryption with RT4 it has created a problem for sites which synchronize passwords. Some systems (even modern Red Hat/CentOS) have no bcrypt support in glibc.

I haven’t looked in depth, but it appears from the patches that bcrypt is hardcoded. Would BP accept a patch which enables a configuration parameter to select the crypt method?

--
Jo Rhett
+1 (415) 999-1798