[rt-users] RT using single Office 365 account

Bob Shaker rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM
Tue Dec 30 15:06:37 EST 2014

On our installation we use a single mail account, support at example.com<mailto:support at example.com>. Fetchmail pulls the mail from SMTP and pushes it into the "uncategorized" queue. From there, the ticket is created automatically, emails are sent to the proper lists based on the user's location in active directory (i.e. if a user in California sends the ticket in, the California IT people will get an email), and then the ticket is categorized based on a regex that runs on the email subject / body. It's a bit of initial setup but once it's done it passes everything off automatically and there's little maintenance.

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Jim Tambling
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:42 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] RT using single Office 365 account

Hello

Has anyone tried this? I have done it with Google Apps and setting up aliases for each queue. Can the same be achieved with Office 365?

Regards

Jim

ARDEN
A Global Company
Celebrating over 50 years of making your life more comfortable!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

This OUTBOUND E-mail and Document(s) has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.