[rt-users] RT doesn't quote previous conversation in reply (was: Re: Editor field suddenly red)

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 6 11:28:35 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 04:42:21PM +0200, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> Does nobody have an idea what might be the problem? I'm really worried

So far you've described a color issue, which is not a problem, and a
Template problem which I still don't understand.

> >> The "template problem" is that it seems there's no template being used.
> >> Normally, when I reply to a ticket, the original message should be
> >> quoted. That also happened until that restart. Now when I reply to a
> >> ticket, only what I wrote is stored in the ticket and mailed to the
> >> requestor but no quotes of stuff before anymore.
> >
> > Did a bit more digging. So, templates do work - kinda. When I choose the
> > text correspondence template, I get text emails, but still, the ticket
> > content is not attached as it should be.
> > I didn't change the template. It's still
> >
> > RT-Attach-Message: yes
> >
> > {$Transaction->Content()}

The original message is *only* quoted if you click on Reply in the
transaction history, not Reply from the top of the page.

So far none of this sounds like an RT bug, it sounds like user error.

-kevin