[rt-users] Trying to get RT4.2.2 to use mysql and not sqllite3

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 7 11:49:03 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 11:40:19AM -0500, john boris wrote:
>    I installed RT4.2.2 using apt-get from the repositories on Ubuntu 12.10 LTS. When I try to

I'm not aware of RT 4.2 packages on Ubuntu or Debian.  Ubuntu in fact
tends to run multiple versions of packages behind the Debian release.

>    start apache I get a database error whic states
>    [warning]: DBI connect('dbname=/var/lib/dbconfig-common/sqlite3/request-tracker4/rtdb;
>    I selected mysql when I did the install but the config files seem to telling it to use
>    sqlite3.
>    I have looked through the config files and I thought I had mysql selected.
>    Where do I change the config to tell RT to use mysql?

Since you're using the debian packages, which offer you database
choices during setup, you should rerun their setup script with
dpkg-reconfigure request-tracker4 and also ensure that you've
installed the rt4-db-mysql package.

If you've in fact installed from source, then you should rerun
configure selecting mysql, not sqlite.  RT's default is MySQL so you
would have had to pass an explicit selection of sqlite.

-kevin