[rt-users] Forwarding an e-mail with an HTML alternative

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 7 11:52:56 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 12:40:29PM +0100, Martin Drasar wrote:
> On 6.2.2014 17:21, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 01:07:26PM +0100, Martin Drasar wrote:
> > 4.2 does a much better job passing along multipart mails.
> > You cannot easily force RT to send a custom alternative email,
> > especially not in 4.0.
>
> Thanks for your response. I am not necessarily looking for an easy way
> to make RT do my bidding and upgrade is not an option right now. In a
> way, I do not really need to use the template at all, incoming messages
> are formated just as I want them to be.

On Create Notify Requestors with template Corresopnd

which will relay your mail to the requestors during creation.
Your Scrip is honestly likely to cause all the problems you saw.

Or just set your requestors and then correspond on the ticket with
your content.

4.2 will do a better job of not mangling your mail.  Reading the
outgoing mail transaction though is almost guaranteed to fail.
Just use normal RT correspond actions.

-kevin