[rt-users] Trying to get RT4.2.2 to use mysql and not sqllite3

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 10 13:37:48 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 12:30:45PM -0500, john boris wrote:
>    Kevin,
>    Thanks for the reply. I reran the script and selected mysql (which I did originally) it had an
>    error at the end and I had a choice to retry, abort, retry (skip questions) so I said retry
>    and it asked me the questions again and I answered as before and the script ended without an
>    error. I went into Mysql with phpmyadmin and the database was created by when I go to the web
>    address I now get
>
>      * Config file /etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.pm is locked
>
>    I checked all of my windows and I don't have it opened anywhere.
>    I restarted the server just in case but I still get the message.

You would need to show the errors you get and show your RT log errors.
The RT_SiteConfig.pm being locked implies you ran but failed to
complete the Web Installer (or that the Debian installer uses this
behavior too).

You could manually change permissions on that file, but I'd want to
know how it got to that state.

-kevin