[rt-users] Seeing strange error with RT 4.2.2

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:58:42 EST 2014

RT 4.2.2
CentOS 6.5
FastCGI 2.3.9-1
MySQL 5.1.71-1

I attempted to log into an instance of RT that I've been helping set up and
found that it was throwing an internal server error.

The log has the following entry on repeat
[21896] [Wed Feb 12 02:47:47 2014] [debug]: SSO Failed and no user to test
with. Nexting
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:241)
[21896] [Wed Feb 12 02:47:47 2014] [debug]: Autohandler called
ExternalAuth. Response: (0, No User)
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Elements/DoAuth:16)

I restarted httpd cleanly, but when I restarted mysqld it seems to have not
been running. It started fine but the errors are still occurring and I'm
still getting an internal server error.

The MySQL log indicates when the server stops but not when it starts.

I can telnet to port 3306 so I know MySQL is running.

The httpd log has been showing read data timeout for mod_fcgid.

When I am able to get the interface, I enter my credentials and the RT log
indicates a successful login authenticating against LDAP. It fails to load
RT at a glance, though, again, throwing the internal server error.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me