[rt-users] rt command error

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 13 10:15:59 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:21:18PM +0000, Xin, Qiao wrote:
>    Hi,
>    We upgraded rt from 4.0.5 to 4.0.17 and rt command line client failed after the upgrading.
>    # /opt/rt/bin/rt ls 18990
>    Query:id=18990
>       Strong encryption not available, switched off by externalauth=0
>       Password will be sent to rt.mydomin.com over SSL
>       Press CTRL-C now if you do not want to continue
>    Password:
>    rt: Server error: Can't connect to rt.mydomin.com:443 (certificate verify failed) (500)
>    We are using self-signed certificate for the site. Please advise.

Presumably as part of this upgrade, you installed a newer LWP module
and are affected by this change:

https://metacpan.org/source/GAAS/libwww-perl-6.05/Changes#L120

RT itself documents how to work around this for the rt-mailgate
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.0/rt-mailgate.html#OPTIONS (search
for ssl).

You may want to set the environment variable documented in the Changes
above, or teach your Linux system how to validate your self signed
certificate.

-kevin