[rt-users] User Created Scrip Won't Run On Create

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 13 13:57:24 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:24:38AM -0800, Ethan Hohensee wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I went in and changed the Syslog debugging variable to
> 'error' instead of 'debug' and then add these lines to the prep and commit
> code of my script:
>
> /RT::Logger->error("Entering the prep phase");
> return 1;/
>
> and
>
> /RT::Logger->error("Entering the Commit Phase");/

Great - so your Scrip has been firing all along, your syslog
configuration was just wrong.

If you set $LogToSyslog to 'debug' look at what RT's system
configuration page says.  If it says "Logging debug level messages and
higher to syslog"  then RT will hand all debug and higher messages off
to the sysload.  However I find many syslogs are set to
'exclude' debug information.  As best I can tell, your Scrip has
clearly been running the whole time.

-kevin