[rt-users] Problem : A custom field edited via REST will be disabled

Sylvain Auguy s.auguy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:02:58 EST 2014

To follow up with my investigations, I saw that the HTML spec stipulates
that a new line in a form content will be represented by "CR LF" pairs.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4.1

So, there seems to be no way to edit multiple fields via REST called by an
HTML form, because it will always send newlines as \r\n and that RT will
recognize only \n as a new line. Or... Am I missing something ?

Would it be possible to make a patch for this ?

Sylvain