[rt-users] Fedora 20 / Perl 5.18

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Tue Feb 18 14:08:45 EST 2014

Kevin Falcone wrote:

> RT is not a compiled application.  It runs under the perl that you
> tell Apache to use.

Indeed. But my phrase was taken directly from Jeremy Mates's suggestion.

> The most common type of error is the wrong version of mdo_perl

Both perl and mod_perl come from Fedora packages and both are the same
version. If that were my problem, everyone using F20 and perl would be
complaining.

>> CORE missing dependencies:
>>           Data::GUID ...MISSING
>>                   Perl API version v5.16.0 of v does not match v5.18.0 at
>> /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 213.
>>
>> But the perl-Data-GUID package is /not/ missing.
>>
>> # ls -l /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Data/GUID.pm
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8799 2013-12-13 05:23
>> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Data/GUID.pm

> Those are two different paths.

Of course, they are. One is the program which detected the error, the
other is the file about which it is complaining. But what the heck is "v"?

> Ensure that when you're in the upgrade directory you have perl-5.18 in
> your path before perl-5.16 before running configure.
>
> You appear to have a few perls and differing 32bit vs 64bit problems.

I have only one perl installed and no relevant 32-bit packages. Why do
you think otherwise?
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.close at us.thalesgroup.com