[rt-users] Fedora 20 / Perl 5.18

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Tue Feb 18 16:12:24 EST 2014

Jeremy Mates wrote:

> Either the upgrade left 5.16 bits behind (packages buggy somehow), or a
> manual install was improperly made to the vendor space and has left 5.16
> bits behind (rpm would be ignorant of these). The 5.16 bits will need to be
> located and removed, probably by looking for *.so, *.bs, *.xs or similar
> binary files under the various @INC dirs.

I'm looking for any such.

 > /bin/perl is very strange; typical
> is /usr/bin/perl; I'd probably KickStart and reinstall a host in such a
> state back to a clean slate.

The last several Fedora releases have eliminated the distinction between
/bin and /usr/bin (and between /sbin and /usr/sbin).

# ls -l /bin /sbin
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 7 2014-02-13 21:22 /bin -> usr/bin
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 8 2014-02-13 21:22 /sbin -> usr/sbin
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.close at us.thalesgroup.com