[rt-users] Fedora 20 / Perl 5.18

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed Feb 19 19:47:16 EST 2014

On 02/19/2014 04:36 PM, Alex Vandiver wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 15:38 -0800, CLOSE Dave wrote:
>> Now that I have RT running enough to get a login page, I can't get /any/
>> login to work, not even root. The Apache log reports, "Unknown password
>> form (/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/User_Overlay.pm:1094)", and the RT
>> log is still empty.
>>
>> Users and passwords are stored in MySQL (actually MariaDB). Checking
>> that from the command line shows that all the data is still there.
>
> RT 4.2.1 doesn't have a User_Overlay.pm -- we stopped shipping _Overlay
> files in RT 4.0.  Its existence is a sign of a local customization, or
> an upgrade from RT 3.8 or earlier which missed the instructions at the
> top of UPGRADING-4.0.
>
> It's also extremely odd that that file is not in /opt/rt4, and is in
> vendor_perl.  Did you install an RPM of RT 3.8 at some prior point?

Yes, I'm sure I did, a long time ago. But I wasn't using it, thought I
had removed it, and was running from a more conventional installation
process.

Jok Thuau wrote:

 > you can look at this page:
 > http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RecoverRootPassword

Anyway, Jok's solution did not solve the problem. But it did give me
some more error messages to investigate. I discovered that the
vendor_perl/RT directory content was quite old. I replaced it entirely
with the files from the installation directory, restarted Apache, and
now things seem to work. There are also copies of those files in
/opt/rt4/lib/RT, but that is not in @INC for some reason.

Thanks for everyone for the help and patience.
--
Dave Close