[rt-users] REST call to retrieve list of groups

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 21 12:12:36 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 03:20:38PM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
> However, when I try this from the browser (Firefox) I still get the same
> error as before:
>
> no value sent for required parameter 'query'
> Stack:
>    [/opt/rt4/share/html/REST/1.0/autohandler:54]
>    [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:680]
>    [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:368]
>    [/opt/rt4/share/html/autohandler:53]
>

> There must still be something that's escaping me.

Did you sent a parameter named query?
RTDEBUG probably shows query being sent.

You could argue that groups should act like queues and users when no
query is sent.  The best argument is likely a patch.

> This could be greatly improved if there was some kind of documentation
> on the REST protocol as implemented by RT, besides the largely
> incomplete one that is on WIKIA.
> Without that, the only way is discovering it by trial and error.

Frankly, I'd rather spend time developing REST/2.0 than further
documenting the flaws in REST 1.0.

-kevin