[rt-users] rt-serializer and rt-importer

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 21 12:58:38 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 09:37:46AM -0800, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> But it does not tell you what "strictly necessary" means.  The

Needed to have a complete RT system on the other side.
I'm not sure why you think that an RT with only ticket / queue data is
useful.  You lose all the requestors and owners and ccs/adminccs
associated with tickets, which would tend to make the history kind of
useless.

I understand that you want to 'rework your users and ACLs' but RT will
not just magically pair up your brand new users with the old ticket
data.

--no-users will only export users that it encounters while crawling
other objects, rather than defaulting to serializing all privileged
users and then serializing unprivileged users as needed.

> So, to put my question another way, what's the proper combination of
> command-line arguments to copy over *only* queues and tickets, and to
> *not* copy any groups or ACLs?  My best guess is:

I don't believe you can do this.

> Also, I was running this command against my production data, which has
> about 80,000 tickets in it, and it consumed obscene amounts of RAM.

You don't specify an RT version.  4.2.2 and 4.2.3 both contain fixes
for memory usage.

I've recently serialized with --clone a larger database in less RAM
than you quote.

-kevin