[rt-users] Problem with custom lifecycle

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 27 16:24:54 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 07:37:27PM +0000, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> I'm setting up a new lifecycle to manage our change request process
> and I'm seeing some odd behaviour which I'm sure is something
> obvious.
>
> The lifecycle is pasted below. The straight line path seems to work
> OK but whenever I try to transition from "assessed" to anything
> other than "authorised" I get an error that says I can't change from
> assessed to, say, assessment and the history indicates that  it has

Making a sample RT with your Config (wrapped in Set(%Lifecycles,
yourconfig) and a queue with that Lifecycle, I can click on a ticket
after creation and change the statuses from assessed to assessment
without error.

You'll need to provide more details about your eror.

> I think I have found the culprit - there's a load of Global Scrips
> (probably hangovers from our original 3.x install, we're now on
> 4.2.2 via 4.0.8) and one of those is "On Correspond Open Tickets" -
> I think this is possibly running and getting confused as there's no
> Open state in this lifecycle.
>
> So new question - is there an easy way to migrate these 14 Global
> Scrips down to specific queues, or can I stop them running on a
> specific queue ?

Click on Admin -> Scrips -> Scrip Name
click on Applies To
Unselect it globally, assign to relevant queues.

Keep in mind that 'Open Tickets' in RT 4.2 doesn't use 'open', it
moves it to the first active status, so your 'open' is leaking from
somewhere else, presumably another scrip with more custom code.

-kevin