[rt-users] Show total number of Saved Search tickets

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 27 16:56:57 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 06:45:43PM -0800, Steven1011 wrote:
> Hi awesome people,
>
> I am attempting to insert the total number of saved search tickets into the
> 'Saved Searches' tab that appears in the 'RT at a Glance' page. I have
> included a screenshot of what I would like to achieve.
>
> This will allow our Management Team to quickly see the total number of
> tickets resolved/created without having to select the link (a useful feature
> I believe).
>
> If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be excellent (I am
> having difficulties locating the exact code that I should modify to alter
> the 'Saved Searches' table).

While useful, this would also likely be hugely impactful on front page
load (think about someone like me who has 30+ saved searches in that
portlet).

Looking at the code, executing that search would be... interesting
(there's no real support for what you want to do).

You may find that for your bosses, building a series of saved charts
and turning off the graphic and just having the table show and putting
those on a dasboard (or their homepage) will show the results well
enough to solve your problems.

-kevin