[rt-users] Reply text box slow to load

Marius Flage marius at ksat.no
Thu Jan 9 04:26:34 EST 2014

On 12/17/2013 08:26 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 03:53:36PM +0000, Marius Flage wrote:
>>    I have exactly the same problem. I've investigated the loading of the page with the
>>    WYSIWYG-editor and got the following results:
>>
>>    [1]http://s22.postimg.org/wqo1j42r5/wysiwyg.png
>>
>>    Maybe this will help debugging this further?
>>
>>    After the initial load the future loads of that js will be cached and therefore much slower.
>>    And after the cache expiry (typically the next workday) you have to wait for another 30
>>    seconds to get the WYSIWYG editor back up again.
> While this confirms that something is taking a long time to load, the
> consistent 15 seconds on each request is quite odd, especially since
> larger files take mere milliseconds to download.
>
> Are you using JSMin?  How is your RT configured, etc, etc.
> If you can replicate these timings on issues.bestpractical.com it
> would be interesting.
I have the following output from Chromium's network headers when loading
ckeditor.js. When refreshing the page (F5) this timeout of 15 seconds
occurs. You see the Keep-Alive is set to timeout=15, what does that mean?

 1.
    Request URL:
    http://RT-site/static/RichText/ckeditor.js
 2.
    Request Method:
    GET
 3.
    Status Code:
    200 OK
 4. Request Headersview source
     1.
        Accept:
        */*
     2.
        Accept-Encoding:
        gzip,deflate,sdch
     3.
     4.
        Cache-Control:
        max-age=0
     5.
        Connection:
        keep-alive
     6.
        Host:
        RT-site
     7.
        If-Modified-Since:
        Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:14:28 GMT
     8.
        Referer:
        http://RT-site/
     9.
        gzip
     3.
        Date:
        Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:20:09 GMT
     6.
        Keep-Alive:
        timeout=15, max=100
     7.
        Last-Modified:
        Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:14:28 GMT
     8.
        Server:
        Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
     9.
        Vary:
        Accept-Encoding

Any ideas? This is very annoying as it slows down RT.

- Marius