[rt-users] Server closed connection without sending any data back (500)

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu Jan 9 16:01:16 EST 2014

I cannot seem to get the RT CLI to work. We are using 4.0.18. Any ideas
as to what is going on?

The Apache httpd logs show nothing of any use. If I use the web UI
(which works fine, and we've been using it for 10+ years now), I can
logout + login with the following username and password fine. The user
has full create privs for the foo-help queue (it is our day-to-day queue
we use all the time).

[rt-tickets:~]$ cat .rtrc
server https://rt-tickets.our.org/
user jblaine at our.org
passwd mypassword
queue foo-help
debug 3
[rt-tickets:~]$

[rt-tickets:~]$ /rt/bin/rt create -o -t ticket set subject=foo
POST https://rt-tickets.our.org//REST/1.0/show

--xYzZY

--xYzZY

ticket/new
--xYzZY

jblaine at our.org
--xYzZY

mypassword
--xYzZY--
500 Server closed connection without sending any data back
Client-Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:54:30 GMT
Client-Warning: Internal response

500 Server closed connection without sending any data back
rt: Server error: Server closed connection without sending any data back
(500)