[rt-users] Modifying Update.html?

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 14 07:39:02 EST 2014

On 14-1-2014 13:13, Patrick G. Stoesser wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm stuck trying to customize RT.
>
> Normally, when updating a ticket with a response
> (Update.html?Action=Respond), the test input field is red. This is a
> warning for the user that the response will be sent out to the
> customer (unlike when just commenting).
>
> Now what I want to do is to display an explicit warning like "Caution!
> This message will be sent to the customer" to be displayed above the
> text input filed. So, I need to modify update.html, using the local
> directory.

Assuming you're using RT-4.0.x, will probably true for 4.2 too, don't
know for 3.8.
There is a BeforeMessageBox callback that you can use to add your
warning. Make a
/opt/rt4/local/html/Callbacks/Yourdir/Tickets/Update.html/BeforeMessageBox
file and add your code there.
Stop your webserver, clean the mason_cache, start your webserver and
your text should appear on the update page.

Joop