[rt-users] Postfix: No host option provided

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 18:03:37 EST 2014

I'm trying to test postfix locally by sending email via local telnet to RT.
At the moment I have no relay host configured since I'm attempting to use
local user accounts as the source address.

I'm getting the following from /var/log/mailllog:
...status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: HTTP request failed:
500 No Host option provided. Your webserver logs may have more information
or there may be a network problem. )

Anyone have any experience with this particular issue?

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me