[rt-users] Server closed connection without sending any data back (500)

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Wed Jan 15 15:08:18 EST 2014

On 1/15/2014 11:22 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 09:23:41AM -0500, Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> If anyone has any ideas how I might go about making RT
>> more informative about what is going on in this failure,
>> I would love to hear them.
>
> You showed an Internal Server Error
>
>>> 500 Server closed connection without sending any data back
>
> But didn't show the logs created by the server for this error.  Nobody
> can help without logs of what happened on the server.

That's because there is no 500 error information logged to
/var/log/httpd/*log by Apache when I make this request
via the RT CLI tool using the settings previously shown
in .rtrc.

Honest. In fact, there is zero trace of the IP address
in all of the Apache logs, even using 'LogLevel debug'
for Apache.

I can request /sdfkdaslfdskldsfkla and see a 404 just fine
and all other normal info is in those logs. It's standard
Apache 2.x on RHEL 6.

Does the RT CLI tool *support* SSL/TLS 'server' settings?