[rt-users] Need to send "Big Cheese" email based on requestor's email or group membership

Ethier, Michael methier at CGR.Harvard.edu
Fri Jan 17 08:27:59 EST 2014

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply back. So there is no way to do the check dynamically in case the members of the
Big Cheese" group change randomly....via grep'ing a file with all the email addresses in it, or quering a Window AD
group on the fly ? We would have to maintain the group in RT manually as members change ?

Thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Loos [mailto:cloos at netcologne.de]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 2:48 AM
To: Ethier, Michael
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: Need to send "Big Cheese" email based on requestor's email or group membership

Hi,

for this type of requests we create an group inside RT, add all email adresses (RT User) to this Group, add all User that should be notified as AdminCc to the queue and then create a scrip (replace xxx with the "Big Cheese" group id):

Condition: User Defined
Action: Notify AdminCcs
Template: you custom email template
Stage: TransactionCreate
Custom condition:

return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create'; my $CreatorObj = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj;
my $GroupObj = RT::Group->new(RT->SystemUser); $GroupObj->Load(xxx); # Big Cheese Group Id return 1 if $GroupObj->HasMember($CreatorObj->PrincipalId);
return 0;

Chris